Wow amazing find!
Silch
Initiate
Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Map locations

Post by Hellz_Gear on Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:02 pm

Good job on that, would be a pretty cool map format if the mod was made like that!
Hellz_Gear
Senior Initiate
Senior Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Soup on Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:21 pm

Would it be possible to make the worldmap like that?
Soup
Initiate
Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellz_Gear on Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:35 pm

I think it could be, but it'd half to be more detailed, and have to be worked to suit all of the factions, and probably alot of other stuff that I'm not thinking of.
Hellz_Gear
Senior Initiate
Senior Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deon on Sat May 16, 2009 10:39 am

I'd prefer "city factions", close to Fallout series. As you remember, there were 3 large "human" factions: NCR, Vault City and Enclave in Fallout 2, however Fallout 1 had Supermutants as a whole faction and Brotherhood of Steel.
I'd like it this way:
1) Enclave: base in Navarro and on a small island which resembles Oil Platform (just water path and a special graphic model is needed)
2) NCR: main base in NCR, with possible small settlements
3) Vault city: Vault City itself and Gecko Nuclear Plant.

I think it's a good idea to make multiple locations representing a single city: i.e. "districts" for large cities as San Francisco and New Reno, controlled by different groups. I don't think that there should be really major factions, because Fallout is about feudal system and city-nations. I may come up with a map because I know the lore, and by "come up" I mean real in-game map with scenes. But we need locations first, to show the feel of the "Fallout" series and draw player's interest to it's atmosphere. I want to start with a "Cafe of Broken Dreams", also it looks like a good place for a new player to start from.

By the way, where can I get mod files to experiment with scenes and to add my own props?

Finally:
I don't know if you guys have seen these maps or not, so here they are Smile
I've seen these maps from MUCH closer distance, and you'd better not be there (unless you want to be dead) Very Happy.
Deon
Initiate
Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nevyn on Sun May 17, 2009 11:57 am

Deon wrote:

I think it's a good idea to make multiple locations representing a single city: i.e. "districts" for large cities as San Francisco and New Reno, controlled by different groups. I don't think that there should be really major factions, because Fallout is about feudal system and city-nations.
I don't know if you guys have seen these maps or not, so here they are Smile
I've seen these maps from MUCH closer distance, and you'd better not be there (unless you want to be dead) Very Happy.

might be difficult using the M&B format you'd have to place the districts really close together. You could start off with the major factions like the brotherhood, NCR etc being just one or two towns but with alot of seperate factioned or neutrel tribal villages that would be quite easy for them to conquer. I mean in Fallout 2 all the factions were trying to expand into Redding.
nevyn
Initiate
Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by maelstorm on Thu May 28, 2009 2:26 pm

indeed. there could even be long-term or special storyline quests that determine who captures a certain city, for significant settlements like redding.
maelstorm
Initiate
Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritwind on Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:44 am

maelstorm wrote:indeed. there could even be long-term or special storyline quests that determine who captures a certain city, for significant settlements like redding.
Good idea, like with the Sheriff in Redding. You could do a long line of quests and become mayor of those towns and regulate them and claim the taxes. Right now the main towns are set as neutral and under no faction.
---
We may recruit someone on the team to spend the time naming a lot of the regular mount&blade towns to ones that are actually in western north America, along with this position you'd have developer privileges, which means the mod, that part of the forums, and whatnot, but in the event that you did nothing without a good excuse it would result in perm ban.
If anyone is interested then PM me, spiritwind, and I'll send you an application.
Spiritwind
High Elder
High Elder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SupaNinjaMan on Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:37 am

i liked the idea spiritwind just proclaimed. it'd be cool to make your own faction by doing missions, becoming mayor and being able to better the town you claimed.
SupaNinjaMan
Senior Initiate
Senior Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top