Each faction has own power armor?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Should each faction have its own power armor?

27% 27% 
[ 6 ]
14% 14% 
[ 3 ]
50% 50% 
[ 11 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
9% 9% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 22

Each faction has own power armor?

Post by Spiritwind on Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:39 am

Should each faction have its own power armor?
Spiritwind
High Elder
High Elder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Each faction has own power armor?

Post by essi2 on Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:39 pm

I just had to choose doughnuts.....

Anyways only the BoS and the Enclave should have their respective power armours.

You could give one of the raiders an power armour and say he's a BoS or Enclave refugee/rogue or something like that I suppose.
essi2
Apprentice
Apprentice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunlessdaysrise on Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:53 am

Well Power armor is bound to be scattered about though, and if only two factions have power armor that might be a real bitch to balance. But what could be done is allow power armor for Mercs and "Lords" as well as for the BoS and the Enclave but only the highest units. It's just somehow you are going to have to give the other factions increased fire power over the BoS and Enclave. I mean the swadians seem like they would be over powering with their Swadian knights but supriesingly it balances out very well. So if you can figure out how to balance it I wouldn't mind just the Enclave and BoS having power armor
Sunlessdaysrise
Senior Initiate
Senior Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by essi2 on Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:33 am

I guess you could give the high tier raider units really worn looking T-47 power armour. As for wastelanders/tribals, you could give the lords broken T-47 power armour. (no matter the state of the suite it would grant better protection then most other forms of personal protection)
essi2
Apprentice
Apprentice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CountVlad on Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:59 pm

I remember seeing screenshots of an awesome looking bike on ModDB. Maybe you could balance lack of power armour with vehicles, a bit like Khergit's lack of armour is balanced by horse archery.

Apok Studios (My Website) | My Last.fm Profile
CountVlad
High Elder
High Elder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritwind on Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:19 pm

Yepp there is that bike, however I would have to talk to our old modeler *he can be a pain in the butt someitmes* about getting the model again...
Perhaps factions without the tech to develop their own PA could have their own modified versions, like texture diffrences and how the Tribles in f1 had necklaces and such. It could easily be done, just modifications to the model to make each one unique and identafiable.
Spiritwind
High Elder
High Elder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunlessdaysrise on Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:26 am

or modified armor that isn't power armor, but has a similar AC to power armor. If you want to take the time modeling unique armor for every lord
Sunlessdaysrise
Senior Initiate
Senior Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daerdevil on Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:38 am

I'd say limit the PA to lords or hireable mercs. I'm sure even the Tribals could scavenge some PA somewhere down the road, but it shouldn't factor into a troop tree.
daerdevil
Initiate
Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dank on Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:24 pm

That would be unique. [: So Yes.
Dank
Initiate
Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellz_Gear on Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:56 pm

Personally, I don't think that EVERY faction should have a power armor. Doesn't really fit into the Fallout theme, because only a few powers had Power Armor.
Hellz_Gear
Senior Initiate
Senior Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SupaNinjaMan on Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:23 am

I think that you guys might look into giving the equivalent of kings unique sets of power armor, where they're the only one's with such a set, and so gaining a kings set would require going into battle with him.

Edit: Such as the guy in The Pitt with the power armor adorned with a bull skull.
SupaNinjaMan
Senior Initiate
Senior Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritwind on Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:20 am

Tahts what I was thinking for like tribals, perhaps liek the old f1 picture.
I think with each faction we could implement a unique version of powerarmor that would please everyone.
The mod takes place like 15 years in the future, the enclave have advanced into lines like they were in fallout 2, not like they planned at the end of fallout 2. The brotherhood have furthered their equipment, their high leveled people may be stronger since they were indeed doing enchancments on people *the san fran bos base*
The raiders could have a weathered more crude looking suit, perhaps more of a deathtrap suit, and the kings could have a larger version of each suit.
Spiritwind
High Elder
High Elder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deon on Sun May 17, 2009 10:41 am

Power Armors are scattered around the wasteland, but they are pretty rare pre-war artifacts, so only two groups have them in large enough quantities to give them to troops. Other factions may have PA, but on lords/uniq npc only, they just can't spare it for usual dispensable troops.
Deon
Initiate
Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nevyn on Sun May 17, 2009 12:02 pm

Maybe you could give other factions different armor that just had stats similar to power armor. I know the lore says power armor is easily better than everything else but it solves both the balance issue and the "BoS and Enclave only" issue. Plus it would fit the fallout universe if only asthetically.
nevyn
Initiate
Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SupaNinjaMan on Sun May 17, 2009 8:40 pm

well, you can balance out the power armor issue by numbers, BoS and the Enclave aren't usually in too high of numbers, while I imagine that the Tribals must mate like rabbits to have workers and planters like how we used to do back in pre-industrial times.
SupaNinjaMan
Senior Initiate
Senior Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nevyn on Mon May 18, 2009 3:55 am

that could work if yu changed either the base level or charisma bonus for party size. Probably best to changed something like the renown increase if you can though so as to keep it all proportional.
nevyn
Initiate
Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SupaNinjaMan on Mon May 18, 2009 8:17 pm

no, i was talking about the groups in general.
SupaNinjaMan
Senior Initiate
Senior Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nevyn on Tue May 19, 2009 2:25 am

but then one faction would have much easier than another since it would be harder to kill their troops
nevyn
Initiate
Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deon on Thu May 21, 2009 11:51 am

Also some issues like -AGI while +STR will make it an armor of a choice... Plus a very small chance to explode in a small nuclear blast if hit into reactor.... joke.

I totally agree about numbers. I see it this way: 5-6 paladins fighting a huge group of raiders or ghouls.

Supermutants however should have very resistant costumes too to indicate their natural endurance and regeneration.
Deon
Initiate
Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SupaNinjaMan on Sun May 24, 2009 10:22 pm

Yeah, but the thing with numbers is that five or six people, if they aren't player controlled, can be defeated by a group of thirty, especially if they're a melee group as you can only hit one person at a time but can take hits from as many people as can crowd around you.

But you can fix that by making a script to fire with every melee swing that if they're wearing specific armor, the attacker can swing and damage everything in an arc in front of him. Some one came up with it, but it checks the weapon, and if it's equipped it fires, i'm sure it can be modified to check for armor too.
SupaNinjaMan
Senior Initiate
Senior Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by maelstorm on Thu May 28, 2009 2:17 pm

power armor are prewar artifacts so imo, they should be scarce. First of all, noone but enclave and BoS has official access to them. Any others would only scavange power armors, which isn't too common. Thus they wouldn't have enough armors to have an "official" armor of their own and since they can't choose what model they scavenge or what modifications would be on a looted pa, there wouldn't be unity in such armor.

Imo, BoS and Enclave factions can have them "possible" to have at highest tier infantry. Other than that, faction leaders and lords may be wearing them. Should be a very rare loot after combat too. If you haven't lost against a PA'd opponent, chances are, you have damaged it enough to kill the opponent and there is noone around to repair the damage.
maelstorm
Initiate
Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritwind on Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:45 am

Hmm, well the mod is set about 20 years after The chosen one went into the enclave base, so... things have changed a little bit, the brother hood has expanded, as with all other fallout factions, some new ones have formed, and there is total war. Resources have been gained, the raiders are more established as a faction then as a group, but still base their ways upon that of the fallout universe, just more organized, which has given them the opportunity to work with power armor, the mutants would not have their own, they might have something similar, the raiders, if they do, should have more of a modified combat armor designed for all time killing. Eh, we could make the story a reality where the factions are getting powera rmor and by no means is it going to be all over the place. Power armor will be expensive, the player will have to get it, and lords might have power armor, the highest level of troops might have it, mainly melee troops, and kings will have a behemoth pair perhaps..
All ideas that the more discussion you guys have, teh closer this mod will be to your expectations =).
Spiritwind
High Elder
High Elder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by darkness6940 on Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:55 pm

how about some zombies or people who has the armor but it is craked and stuff all you can repair the armor
darkness6940
Senior Initiate
Senior Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bazilisk on Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:52 pm

it just like the normal M&B

any faction can get a bigass super plated tank armor

but not all faction troop trees have it, and to compense, there is big numbers, agility, weapons, cheaper things, etc

but yeah kings and lord should have it, and as well, to not make it very unfair, put bigger levels, so the price is higher for the units that use it, and make it them the most powerfull units for the faction that owes it

as well, the darkness idea is good to, to have power armors but very bad, or maybe a very big scrap armor, or lots of armors, one over each other
Bazilisk
Initiate
Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top