Story Line

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Story Line

Post by Spiritwind on Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:26 am

Tell us along the lines of what you think the story line should Include. Tommorow I will type up an in detail version of what I am thinking and see what you, the community and the development team as well thinks about it. We may have a vote on it on the taleworlds forums to see what they think as well.
Just gotta find the time to type up in detail what I'm thinking, and sorry, right now I dont =p.
But we are more than open to your input. After all this mod is being made for your enjoyment Wink
Spiritwind
High Elder
High Elder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Story Line

Post by essi2 on Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:03 pm

Why 2015? The first acts of hostility where in 2051, when the US went into Mexico to secure the oil supply. And the actual war doesn't start untill the winter of 2066 when China invades Alaska. Furthermore THE great war doesn't start untill 2077 and I can find no mentioning of a terrorist nuke being dropped in the Atlantic...

Just saying.....

Other then the things I have mentioned above I have no problems with the story proposed on the about page on the mods main page.

One last note, the only well known Fallout character compatible with your timeline is Captain Roger Maxson, first elder of the brotherhood at the Lost Hills facility.

EDIT:

And Dr. Willem Clark, leader of the Ghouls at the Reservation

Last edited by essi2 on Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : New info)
essi2
Apprentice
Apprentice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunlessdaysrise on Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:45 am

Actually that was planning on being addressed the 2015 thing at some point in the future. But for now it's no big deal. Also It's more like the War Ends in 2077, Since everyone Nukes each other...
Sunlessdaysrise
Senior Initiate
Senior Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by essi2 on Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:55 pm

True, but according to the Fallout timeline the great war pretty much starts in 2077 with the first nuke and ends in 2077 with the last nuke.... it seems to have been a rather short war ;P
essi2
Apprentice
Apprentice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunlessdaysrise on Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:21 pm

Agreed. haha
Sunlessdaysrise
Senior Initiate
Senior Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritwind on Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:31 am

lol, I'll research more about the storyline and see what we can come up with =p. Don't worry, that 2015 thing was just something I typed up when the idea of the mod first came about.
Spiritwind
High Elder
High Elder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by essi2 on Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:55 pm

Good to hear, I suggest (if you haven't already) that you read the entire timeline from start to end, it's a pretty good read. A (really short) short novel in it's own right Smile

Fallout Timeline
essi2
Apprentice
Apprentice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CountVlad on Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:28 am

That's what I love about good RPGs. They have a decent back-story. It's probably why Fallout and The Elder Scrolls have been so successful.
CountVlad
High Elder
High Elder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by essi2 on Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:40 am

well, actually Oblivion was just successful because it looks cute Razz
essi2
Apprentice
Apprentice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CountVlad on Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:15 am

True! Morrowind was far superior as a game.
Now all we need is for Bethesda to make TES5 like Morrowind but with modern graphics...
CountVlad
High Elder
High Elder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunlessdaysrise on Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:45 am

To go alittle off topic, I have to agree that TES5 is going to be outstanding. Not only should it have improved graphics, But with all that's happened with fallout 3 and the fact that Todd Howard said he finally realizes that the models in his games are too "robotic" and don't seem life like. Which will hopefully bring back the feel of morrowind in the aspect of having characters that are memoriable. Also I think Fallout 3 really gave them an outside prospective on what could be improved in Elder Scrolls. Kind of like a modder perspective. If you catch my meaning. They are starting to relate to the regular gamer again. But then again I could be wrong
Sunlessdaysrise
Senior Initiate
Senior Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CountVlad on Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:09 pm

To save this topic from going completely off the rails, lets continue this discussion on: http://mnbfallout.forumotion.com/general-chat-f3/the-elder-scrolls-t53.htm#325
CountVlad
High Elder
High Elder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Silch on Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:37 pm

I have a suggestion for the storyline, possibly implement the storyline with more of a twist from all 3 games and then in the Fallout 3 part of it you could implement the Operation: Anchorage and The Pitt storyline,

Sorry am just rambling on, would be awsome but would take so much time.
Silch
Initiate
Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by essi2 on Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:25 pm

If the team is still thinking within the confines of the original idea, the time frame of this mod is set long befor the first game.
essi2
Apprentice
Apprentice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SupaNinjaMan on Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:37 am

Is there any plan to implement a linear storyline?
Such as a main quest you start with, that when you finish, will lead you to the next quest, and so on and so forth?

I mean, it doesn't restrict the player to simply the story line, but it also allows one to go on and play a story line when they've grown bored of raiding caravans.
SupaNinjaMan
Senior Initiate
Senior Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jlgx50 on Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:58 am

at the moment we don't have any solid plans for a linear storyline but we will be talking about it sometime down the road

if you have any ideas though we would be more then happy to take them on board when we get to to story line
jlgx50
High Elder
High Elder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritwind on Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:07 pm

We may end up doing that. It seems like it is really a must, so far all the fallout games has started with one.
The mod will take place shortly after the choosen one, maybe 15 or 20 years. The Story follows the path of.. what if... the choosen one died while blowing up the base...
Spiritwind
High Elder
High Elder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SupaNinjaMan on Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:43 pm

Hmm, so a parallel storyline to the first in a "what if.." universe?
Doesn't sound like a bad idea to me.

Perhaps you could be scavenging nearby the base, when it explodes you go to look-see a bit, find the Chosen One's dead body, from there you take his vault suit and Pip-Boy, and go from there?
SupaNinjaMan
Senior Initiate
Senior Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bazilisk on Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:38 pm

you can give amnesia so no start is required

but if you want, there is the vault story like in fallout 1 or 3, but just say you and your people has been a lot of time there so to get chips and nuka-cola for a party you get out to explore the new post apocaliptic world

and if you can make different starts, from the character creation menu, there can be a brotherhood of steel start, a enclave start, a raider and a random wastelander start

Brotherhood: you need technology, the wasteland and the people on it have it (but there is no need to be everybody┬┤s enemy, right?)

Enclave: got to see what happens in the wasteland, make more experiments, kill everything you see, etc

Raider: pretty much like the random start, but with different equipment, faction (or no faction at all) and enemy of everybody

Wastelander: pretty much the vanilla M&B start, you are bored and go out to the world to kill and get money, starting with nothing

and thats all that i can think by now
Bazilisk
Initiate
Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by darkness6940 on Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:38 am

I THINK THAT A GHOUL START IS KIND OF AWESOME
so is a epic ending
darkness6940
Senior Initiate