A Fallout Project for Mount & Blade eh?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Fallout Project for Mount & Blade eh?

Post by †Michael Valentine† on Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:08 am

It looks to me as if the forum is dead, but I am not sure. Either way, tis an interesting project you got going here.

----Introductions-----
I am Michael Valentine. >: } In the places I am known at, they call me The Mephistopheles. Heh heh heh. And I am the proud leader of The Valentine Empire, a Gaming Empire, and a bit of a General Chat Empire as well. We consist of 290 members so far (having existed since Febuary 15, 2009), and the many of my original members were game modders. I myself am a Proud Game Modder, a C++ Programmer, and I lead V Empire Studios. We are currently in the process of creating our own Open Ended RPG.
-----------------------

Two of my Favorite Games (and Game Series) not only to play, but to mod for were Fallout (all of them) and Mount & Blade, so naturally this one project here caught my eye. I am a member of Taleworlds, though interestingly I found this site while searching the Forums of Forumotion. Heh heh

Anyways, I'd like to ask, how are you planning to accomplish this I wonder? Any specifics you can give me on the project? I haven't been to Taleworlds in ages.

Back to top Go down

Re: A Fallout Project for Mount & Blade eh?

Post by SupaNinjaMan on Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:52 pm

it's not really a busy forum, the busiest i've seen was when they announced beta tester applications, that's when i joined. now i mostly check to see if there's any action in the testers arena. but i think so far the mod is looking quite good. i'm not sure what the creators are trying to accomplish as of now, but i'm sure it'll end well as right now, even in beta, it's pretty fun to play.

who doesn't like raining down plasma fire during a seige?
SupaNinjaMan
Senior Initiate
Senior Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by foxfingers on Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:59 pm

The mod is being worked on, imho its starting to come along.
foxfingers
Apprentice
Apprentice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CountVlad on Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:43 pm

Welcome to the forums, and yes it's coming along nicely.
Not sure how much more info I can give you. I don't want Spiritwind to kill me if I give too much away! Laughing
CountVlad
High Elder
High Elder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jlgx50 on Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:33 am

Hello Michael

I'm one of the devs of the fallout mod, been around here for a while now

yes the forum does apear to be very dead but then we don't really have any complicated releases out yet so I'm not expecting a large amount of trafic for a while, if at all, I mean we'll most likely post our releases over on taleworlds aswell as here

the mod is slowly comeing togeather, becasue most of our team is 18 to 20 there all haveing exames at the moment but we try to work on the mod when ever we get a chance

our new modeler madman, has started a few weeks ago and was modeling a fire truck a few days ago as a prop for scenes

I was working on a chopper a while ago and am just now sitting back and trying to texture and UV Map all the models that aren't already in the game

I'm actually suprised to hear you found our sight via "Forumotion", I'm suprised such a small forum has some reach actually Very Happy

how do we plan on acomplishing our mod ? no idea I just model everything I'm told or model things that would be good for the mod

model wise were good

we lack in the building department but we have quite a number of items and props

a car
chopper
guns and other items like bats and chainsaw and other things, sledge hammers ect
I think we have a bunch of armours and stuff

we also have a few other things in the works such as vocals and stuff, but yer we're getting there slowly Razz
jlgx50
High Elder
High Elder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritwind on Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:34 pm

Hello Michael,
I am Spiritwind, leader of this development group.
We are happy to have you as a member on our forums and for your questions.
Currently in the modeling field we are focusing on scene props, however there are some modelers working on other projects such as weaponry.
We have many weapons, some of which have been uv mapped, but untextured. Others have great skins on them and are waiting for players to enjoy them in the public releases.
In the coding field I am working on some new features such as the pipboy, which will be different then the fallout series one, if we can make it mroe like the fallout series we shall, but for now it will pretty much be like the M&B camp menu, or perhaps replace it, at which you will do a quest from a vault citizen to obtain it and it will contain various features such as a radio station(s).
We also have some other coding suprises that a volunteer is creating for us, however I will not mention any of the info on it to the public because it will be a release suprise Wink.
We are faced with a few current limitations that are holding the mod back, those being the lack of complex rigging capabilities, and skeletal support. These are two things the mount and blade developers have promised us and hopefully support will be given pretty soon so we can make this mod a great M&B Fallout.
--
We understand that the community part of this board is pretty slow, although I assure you that the develpment side is active. However with people such as yourself, hopefulyl we can draw some attention and start getting the community active and asking questions, giving advice, and spectating to make this mod as close to their expectations as possible.
---
One of our main problems, that is slowing the development down a lot, is the lack of pythonic coders *myself being the only one, and not very knowledgable in the field*
and the lack of some of our team members keeping up with their tasks or checking in at all.. However I have jsut gotten back from a week trip and am going to try and get those players active.
Spiritwind
High Elder
High Elder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top